AI-Debiased Article
Rewritten from Axios 1 min read
39 Mainstream framing L R No clear lean ✓ verified
Why this rating? · 2 signals

Signals flagged in the original

  • framing: Trump has claimed an agreement was close multiple times before, and Tehran has yet to confirm his latest claim
  • vague attribution: three sources briefed on the talks, sources said, sources noted

Analyzed by our bias model Full breakdown ↓

Trump Cancels Planned Strikes Against Iran Amid Negotiations

President Trump announced the cancellation of planned strikes against Iran, citing an approved draft agreement that aims to extend a ceasefire and initiate negotiations on Iran's nuclear program. Sources indicate that key issues were resolved during talks between Iranian officials and Qatari mediators, although final approval from Iran's Supreme Leader is still pending.

People
Donald Trump Mojtaba Khamenei Ali Al-Thawadi Abbas Araghchi

President Donald Trump announced the cancellation of planned strikes against Iran on Thursday. He stated that Iran's leadership had "approved" a draft agreement aimed at extending the ceasefire, reopening the Strait of Hormuz, and initiating 60 days of negotiations regarding Iran's nuclear program. Trump claimed that discussions had reached the highest levels of Iranian leadership, leading to the decision to cancel the strikes.

Three sources briefed on the negotiations indicated that key gaps were resolved during talks between Iranian officials and Qatari mediators on Wednesday. Trump mentioned that the final points of the deal had been approved by all parties involved, including the U.S., Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Turkey, Pakistan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, and Egypt. He noted that a naval blockade would remain in effect until the agreement is finalized, with the time and place of the signing to be announced soon.

Negotiations continued late into Wednesday night, with Qatari envoy Ali Al-Thawadi and Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi working to bridge remaining gaps. According to sources, the discussions focused on three key issues: the mechanism for releasing Iran's frozen assets, arrangements for reopening the Strait of Hormuz during the ceasefire, and the conduct of negotiations regarding Iran's nuclear program. Iranian officials indicated that the Tehran talks had produced an agreement in principle, pending final approval from Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei. The sources also noted that recent U.S. strikes had heightened Iranian suspicions about Trump's intentions.

Annotating as

No note attached

on this article.

Language Analysis

Loaded-language score 39/100
wirepublicmainstream flavoredpartisanadvocacy
Inflammatory language 10/100

Loaded Language Removed

  • framing: Trump has claimed an agreement was close multiple times before, and Tehran has yet to confirm his latest claim
  • vague attribution: three sources briefed on the talks, sources said, sources noted

Original vs. Neutral

Original Headline

Trump cancels Iran strikes as mediators claim deal close

Neutral Headline

Trump Cancels Planned Strikes Against Iran Amid Negotiations